Monday, January 6, 2014

DIGM 680 - Return from Winter Break

I have a few project updates.

Photogrammetry Video:
Here was a video I made for my DIGM workshop course. It summarizes my photogrammetry workflow.

Work on the Rig:
I've added a bit more functionality to the prototype ontogenic character rig. Right now there are sliders that correspond to different ontogenic changes (head widening, trunk widening, etc.). These are very rough, but they show the basic concept. These individual sliders are controlled by a global slider.

Texture Animating:
I've been dabbling within the rendering engine Vray. One of Vray's material nodes is a blending node which allows you to layer together several different shaders. This is a technique I can incorporate into the rig to transition between a juvenile color scheme and an adult color scheme. I  would also allow for layering in old-age wear-and-tear.

Thesis Formatting (Stefan)
I would like to make sure my manuscript conforms to Drexel's standards. I've looked around, and it seems that past students have set up Latex templates for setting up a Drexel thesis. 

http://blog.tremily.us/posts/drexel-thesis/

So far, I haven't had much luck with getting these to work in ShareLatex.

Potential Awards:
I've been looking for potential awards to submit to.

Lanzendorf PaleoArt Prize
     -Waiting for 2014 information

Red Stick International Animation Festival
     -Scientific Visualization category

Sci-An Award for Excellence in Scientific Animation

NSF's International Science and Engineering Visualization Challenge


Potential Talks:

AMI 2014 - Association of Medical Illustrators
     -Submissions Open: 11th November 2013
     -Submissions Deadline: 20th January 2014

GNSI 2014 Annual Conference - Guild of Natural Science Illustrators
     -March 1st - Deadline for entires
     -March 14 - Art selection and notification

IEEE VIS 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment