Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week 4

I spend time working on my animatic (will be posted shortly) and my character rig.

Here are some shots of my WIP Ontogenic character rig. Ontogenic joints are in red, normal character animation joins are in green. Most of these joints haven't been mirrored to the left side yet. I'm still in the process of naming and cleaning up the joint hierarchy. 





The tail has a sine-wave deformer to simulate the undulation of a tail. 


A bend deformer allows the tail to curve up and down. 



A second bend deformer allows the tail to curve laterally.


Here I am trying to make sense of the range of motion for Bothriolepis' pectoral appendage. Translating it into Maya will be a challenge. 


Here is a fossil of Bothriolepis from the Escuminac Formation in Canada. Dr. Daeschler brought these guys into our Vertebrate Paleontology class for the lecture on placoderms. 


Phyllolepis: Another weird placoderm from the Red Hill Site in Pennsylvania. 


Nice 3D model of Turrisaspis.


No comments:

Post a Comment