Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tentative Design Objectives


Here is an attempt to establish some concrete design objectives for my animation project. I can build support around these objectives in the beginning, use them to guide my progress, and then use them to evaluate the final product.



My animation should:


- Closely integrate source fossils with the digital reconstruction.
- Closely integrate source fossils within wider disciplines of biology (in my case ontogeny)
- Emphasize elements of the scientific process (observation, inquiry, hypothesis testing, etc)
- Communicate to the viewer points of scientific uncertainty 
- Communicate to the viewer when speculation is being employed
- Support visual elements with appropriate textual and/or audio narration. 
- Reveal elements of design process

No comments:

Post a Comment