Sunday, April 6, 2014

For Week 2

This week I spent time going through what I've done so far. I set up a google spread sheet with all the shots I plan on doing, their progress, bugs that need fixing, etc. Most of the animations have been carried out, they just need the refinement of a second pass. I have made a few attempts at rendering with Drexel's render farm. So far, I have been unsuccessful. 


  I have also set up a list of milestones for the following term. Some of the dates are concrete due dates, but other are milestones to shoot for. Ideally I would like to have a submittable animation by Week 4, in time for the Lanzendorf PaleoArt due date. I would like to have the Panel Evaluation sometime in Week 5. I would also like to schedule my defense for the week before memorial day weekend.  

April 10th - Research Day

April 21st (Week 4) - Have a submittable animation

April 22nd - Lanzendorf PaleoArt Prize

April 30th (Week 5) - Panel Evaluation

May 15th - Siggraph International Student Poster Competition

May 21st (Week 8) - Defense

May 26th Memorial Day

June 15th - IEEE VIS 2014 Arts Program



July 24-26th AMI 2014

------------------------------------------------------



I also picked up this book from the library. It is an interesting collection of classic and contemporary paleoartists. There's a lot of interesting stories about their individual backgrounds and creative process. This might be a valuable source for my thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment