Sunday, April 13, 2014

For Week 3



I am in the final few week of production. Several shots are nearing completion. I think that everything foreseeable has been accounted for. It's just the unforeseeable obstacles left.

The shot up above is one of the final ones depicting unfortunate juveniles trapped in an ephemeral pool.


At some point I had accidentally put a color filter on the water. It became a little too "wine dark sea".


The shot up above was a well-planned experiment that went wrong. I had been trying to get the mud substrate to act a bit more responsively to the characters. To do this I had followed the 'ripple' workflow I had used for a previous shot. To achieve the more viscous properties of mud, in the 2D fluid parameters I set the Damp to 1.0. I rendered out every frame of the 2D fluid simulation and plugged it into the displacement map of the mud. It worked, but it not very well due to a variety of timing issues.

I have been researching compositing techniques using the software package Nuke. In the past I have used After Effects as my main compositing software. Nuke offers at more node-based workflow which might ease compositing complex effects (like chromatic aberration).

No comments:

Post a Comment